Friday, March 5, 2010

Events of annivesary


Often, I meet many people especially in the first few days upon returning to Singapore. During the meetings, I listen to what they wish to share. There are so many people who visited me hoping that I may be able to provide some good advice so that they feel more comfortable and relieved from the stressful life. Very often, I can’t help much and I can only fulfill some but not all of their expectations. I have no special talents to make them feel comfortable. Nonetheless, I share several pieces of advice from Buddhist’s teachings and give my best wishes that come from a genuine heart filled with love and compassion.

I feel every single one of us without exception (including myself) is significant, so I must try my best to do whatever that is within my capacity to help. To help others, one doesn’t need any form of acknowledgement and/or get something in return. All of us are somehow connected with similar karmic forces. That is why we are all born as human beings and we get to know each other as a friend or an enemy. Due to cause and effect, somehow my happiness and sadness can be dependent on you and vice versa. So we are just being together playing our roles but that role makes us close and in proximity. Therefore whoever comes into contact with me, I feel we have karmic connections and to a certain extent, we are dependent upon each other and so I must do my best to assist them.

We have just completed Karma Kagyu Buddhist Centre’s grand programme of celebrating Milarepa and Marpa’s anniversaries. It was really an inspiring event for every one of us. I have been contemplating how wonderful it is if every Kagyu Centre celebrate these great masters’ anniversaries in a grand scale as a form of gratitude towards our lineage source. Because of them, today we enjoy the teachings of this wonderful lineage. By such celebrations, we get closer to the our lineage masters by exploring their lives and examples which can be transmitted to our mind streams so that many devotional related qualities would establish without much effort. This is the so-called blessings from lineage forefathers that are transmitted to fortunate disciples.


So a guru doesn’t need to be physically present in a human body for the realization of a great practitioner. Nevertheless, we do need a physical human guru to guide us when we are at the very beginning stage. The entire Mila and Marpa’s life styles can be a source of great guru to us. If we can apply some of their qualities in our lives, we will certainly eliminate many of our faults. This can be considered as blessings and guidance from our lineage master.

The celebration of the two gurus’ anniversaries was well received by the participants and everyone felt our lineage gurus are a source of blessings and wisdom that lead us to the enlightened path.

5 comments:

Loving Kindness@Samsara said...

Good Morning Rinpoche. Just returned from sending Tachung Rinpoche to airport. Yes, a human teacher is very precious especially one who sees all as one. Our gurus are like beacon. They are guiding hands and they listen with compassion and loving kindness to all our attachment and sufferings. Good spiritual masters are hard to come by and because of ones karma. I am glad I found Rinpoche. Thank you for your teachings via online.

Unknown said...

Dear Rinpoche,

So nice to hear you talking about blessings and inspiration from the Kagyu lineage :)

Thank you so much. :)

All my best wishes from Northern Spain!!

Dani

Anonymous said...

Dear Rinpochela,

That's a peregrina (binomial name - Jatropha integerrima). An evergreen shrub with lovely red flowers almost all year round.

cheers,
meng

Unknown said...

Tashi Deleg Rinpoche. Welcome back to Singapore. It's a very meaningful teaching even if is a short one :-)

It's great that KKBC organised such great events, unfortunately due to work load (and I am at Bangkok) I can't free myself to go down to Singapore.

Pray that you are well and see you soon.

yt

Konchok Lhadon said...

Tashi Delek Rinpoche
It was a good article, thank you.
I really wish rinpoche can spare sometime teaching in KL we really missed your teachings.

Metta
Karen