Thursday, January 28, 2010

Pilgrimage to holy land of India

It has been quite some time since I last updated the blog and the people around me have been asking when I will write again. Today I wish to write a short article because I feel that quite a number of readers who check my blog regularly (almost daily) were disappointed by the lack of any updates. This makes me feel bad as I did not continue what I set out to do. There are several reasons why I did not write these past few months. Firstly, it was due to my laziness and secondly, while in Nepal I did not have access to internet, especially at the remote places where I stayed and traveled. So it became very inconvenient to write even with the modern IT gadgets that I have with me. Also most of the time, I was in the company of many different types of people and there were never-ending matters to handle. All these hindered the updating of the blog.


In the past few months, several beautiful and significant events happened during my stay in Nepal. For instance, the Muktinath trip with the Singapore group, the trip to Hyolmo Milarepa’s cave and also the teaching programme at our Kirtipur institute. I can’t describe them in great details now as these occurred some time back but overall, all the participants enjoyed them tremendously, so much so that people kept on asking for the next programme.

Just recently, Singapore Karma Kagyud Buddhist Centre organized a tour to India that covered the holy places of Buddhism in some parts of south India and central India. This tour was really wonderful as it has been in my mind for a long time. Nagarjuna’s Hill, Amravati where Buddha gave Kalachakra, Ajana, Ellora and Sanchi Stupa built by King Ashoka are the main places we visited. I just wish to thank the people who were involved in organizing this memorable pilgrimage and also those who have helped in making this tour a great success.


After a short stay back in Singapore, I am now ready to go back to Nepal for our annual grand Mahakala Puja and Tibetan Losar. After that, Karma Kagyu Singapore is organizing a grand programme of the Anniversaries of Lord Milarepa and Marpa on the 27th and 28th of February respectively. I think these anniversaries are very important for all Kagyud followers as both Marpa and Milarepa are the source of our flourishing tradition until today.

How wonderful if every Kagyu centre celebrates the anniversaries with special prayers, Lamp offerings, some forms of social service and functions to commemorate the our lineage masters. With such forms of commemoration, eventually we will feel the value of the teachings by knowing how great our lineage Masters are and likewise their teachings. So by that way, we become influenced by their qualities and teachings. For that reason, we should celebrate and organize many meaningful programs on that occasion.

I will try to write more articles from now even if it might be short but on a more frequent basis as I do not wish to disappoint my disciples and readers.

Me at Nagajuna hill.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Rinpoche!

Nice to have news from you again.

I hope everything was fine in this time we I didn´t hear from you.

Looking forward to read more posts in near future!

All the best!!

Dani (Coruña)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Rinpochela!

We miss your writing. Now we can look forward to your sharing of your travels and pilgrimage.

The pink flowers with five petals and narrow leaves look like Oleander (quite poisonous). Be careful ya the next time you chance upon it.

cheers,
meng

Loving Kindness@Samsara said...

Tashi Delei Rinpoche. Welcome back. Look forward to your update.

Unknown said...

Dear Rinpoche,

Nice to see your writing (this time is photos) again ..

:-)

very beautiful ..

with metta,
yt

Unknown said...

Dear Rinpoche
Nice to see in update blog.We miss
sharing of your travls and pilgrimage.
Hope you are well in nice piture.
Yours Sincerely
Rajesh

Unknown said...

Dear Rinpoche la

Nice to see your update blog.
We are miss sharing of your travels
and pilgrimage in India.
Nice to see holy flower in holy place and you.
Yours Sincerely
Rajesh
From Vancouver

Karma Mingjur Wangchuk said...

Dear Rinpoche.
It is so nice to follow your way to the Buddhist motherland.
Best regards clause from Denmark.

Anonymous said...

The writer of shangparinpoche.blogspot.com has written a superior article. I got your point and there is nothing to argue about. It is like the following universal truth that you can not disagree with: It is impossible to understand the behavior of dogs and cats at the same time, unless of course you're a cat. I will be back.